As I was scanning the radio stations after dropping of the super influential ears at school this morning I stopped to hear an oldie that I remember from when I was a preschooler. The Judd's remind me of being a little kid and riding in the car that had the hot red leather seats that mom so nicely put a towel over so my little skin wouldn't scald! (I remember asking too if our next car could have carpet on the seats!)
Anyway, the song 'Grandpa' kind of made me a little sad. That even 20 years ago peoples word, their commitments, their lifestyles were questionable. These things make me want to shut off the cell phones, the t.v. and all the racket and "kick it old school". I want to prove the song wrong- yes lovers fall in love to stay, yes families bow their heads to pray. My heels are dug in and I'm fighting the cynicism to maintain some integrity in this world!
Join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment