This afternoon I'm enjoying the quietness that naptime offers. I'm neglecting my chores and have my head in a book. I hear the distinct sound of a child's door and say "its not time to get up yet." A semi-regular occurrence in this house. What followed was this conversation:
JD: "we have a problem"
me: "and what is the problem" (thinking like his closet light was on or something minor and was looking for a way to get outta bed)
JD: "I can move one of my teeth" (with a slight panic and tears forming)
me: "oh honey that just means you are getting ready to lose a tooth like your cousin Maddy did."
JD: (still skeptical)
me: "that means that the tooth ferry is going to visit you once you lose it"
JD: (more enthusiastic)
me: "let's call daddy and tell him!"
JD: "okay, but I don't think I should go back to bed."
This is great!
ReplyDelete