Monday, April 5, 2010

Childlike faith

Chad was given good Friday off and to enjoy the extra time we took the boys camping. We stayed close to home so we wouldn't miss out on a few plans we had to be back for Saturday afternoon. There had to be record winds in San Angelo Friday. It was so bad Chad tied the tent to a brick structure as we weren't sure that the stakes would hold!

We didn't let the wind stop us. We fished, took a long hike, played on the play ground and even climbed up a hill full of rocks (it used to be part of a reservoir/dam). As we got ready to eat our chili dogs -IN THE TENT (because seriously, the wind was nuts all the boys got wind burned!)- JD said "mom, I'm tired of the wind." Kade piped in as well "yeah, its crazy." So I encouraged them to ask the Lord to stop it as He is the only one in control of the winds.

Within seconds of the boys uttering their requests to the Most High the gusts turned to a gentle breeze! And stayed that way throughout the evening, night, and next day!

I've seen winds stop, snow fall, a lawn mower start all from these guys requests. When did we stop seeing God through the eyes of a child? Over the years our grown up logic tells us God would never stop the wind for us so why ask??? Well, I will tell you- I'm asking! And I'm praying my boys never stop asking either!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment