Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sunshine

Freshman year of college, 2nd semester, a group of us thought it would be fun to take old testament together. Chad and I had been dating for about 4 months and Valentines Day landed on the Monday night class. In front of the entire class he sang to me "You are my sunshine". I was embarrassed, excited, giddy and everything else an in love 18 year old girl experiences when a boy, no THE boy, puts himself out there like that.

Needless to say, "You are my Sunshine" holds a special place in my heart so when I saw a plaque with it on there a few months ago I had to snatch it up! I wasn't exactly sure where I would put it but knew I'd find a place. When I got home I thought of the 2 shelves above our toilet. They've been there for 5 years but have just existed there. So I took the sign, and gathered things from my home decor stash (you should all do this- keep things you are tired of to re purpose later) and love the end result. It is a little cubby that no one but Chad and I really see but it makes me so happy and I'm reminded of the boy with giant chops and an imaginary bike that I fell for.

No comments:

Post a Comment