Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The ugly truth

Does anyone else get the feeling that if you weren't fighting daily to walk in the spirit and just let it all hang out people would run fleeing for their lives?

I'm having an afternoon like that. Where in all honesty it might be better to keep my disgruntled ideas to myself. It's less about my reputation and more really about fear. Is there a human that can handle the ugly truths I want to spew from my mouth?  Can I be so honest without fearing judgement?

Can you tell I've had a few too many relationships burn me? The second I express an ugly truth I want to immediately snatch it up. And knowing I can't I next urgently try to stop myself from furthering the mess with the one bazillion questions of uncertainty jumbled in this mess of a brain.

Will you be my friend? not just when I'm funny or logical or spirit filled?
Will you overly express your love for me when I'm having an insecure day?
When I'm saying terrible things that no one should hear, will u poker face it and see through my pain to know my heart is good?
Do you even know my heart is good?

We do have an enemy. I've been battling him all afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I will! I will! Pick me! And if I'm not already doing that, call me out on it :)

    ReplyDelete