Every once in awhile I'm reminded my boys are adopted. I don't even think about it most days. Kade has my common sense and Chad's square knees. He speaks sarcasm with the best of us and he and I share the gift of discernment. JD has Chad's logic and my hair. Gods word is easily engrained in his heart just like Chads.
But there are these moments when the memory of their lifeless eyes creep in. That was real. It calls me to reflect on my adoption. If the thrill of my boys reflecting Chad and I-in a reality that says they shouldn't -excites me, how much more does God love when we morph into His characteristics.
That's a fun thought! I was made in His image. He picked my height. My skin color. The thickness of my hair. He knows my wounds and knew when healed by Him I would long to love others to freedom. He planted that in me. And each fight toward Jesus makes Him beam. Even if I fail. Because dangit I gave it all I had! He trusts the purity of my heart.
That is the beauty of adoption. LOVE poured in brings lifeless eyes to sparkle, to dance, to trust. And then, with love we grow confident. We reflect our fathers heart.
!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment