We spread our looking and criteria. Chad and I decided to stop boxing house future up in our tidy ideas and let JC have full reign (oh stop acting like you don't do this too sucka! lol) We looked at new, old, too big, too small. Our realtor isn't afraid of ice so we took advantage of snow and ice days and loaded up to check out everything. Okay, it FELT like everything.
On a Monday night while Chad was away on business God began speaking to me about the very first "let's go look at this one and debunk it all" house. I made a note in my phone of all the downloads He shared:
-Liked it 4 years ago when on market
-The street name is what people call Chad and I a lot on accident
-Chads always wanted a single digit address-we are down to double digit!
-Sidewalk from street to door
-Brick mail box
-Huge hearth (with beloved herringbone pattern)
-Exposed brick in kitchen
-Black cabinets
-Two stories
-Huge Ted
-Oversized garage
These are things that we popped off saying over the years. Oh, and Ted is the name of our 4th bedroom turned 2nd living in our current house. Yes it's weird. Yes that's why you love us.
We decided to go give it another look as soon as Chad was back in town. We took the boys. Chad was clearly still in love with #2 despite it being gone. I told him I thought he needed to grieve that house.
As a few days went on we decided to put in a contract on house #1...
No comments:
Post a Comment