Monday, April 6, 2015

J-O-Y part 4

As luck would have it (that's totally just a saying because at this point we should all be on the same page and know who is calling the shots in this J-O-Y series), Chad and I were discussing the sellers rebuttal to our bid on house #1 that Kim, our realtor, had shared about 10 minutes ago, when she called back. House #2 was being placed back on market and we had first "dibs". 

What the heck!??

Yes. You read that correctly. 

In this process I had given my entire home heart to #1 while Chad quietly never stopped dreaming of house #2. Now we have an issue!

Neither house was a bad choice. Neither house was a deal breaker. Chad made a pro/con list and they came out even people!!!

The reasonable thing to do (get a realtor that keeps you reasonable because emotions get attached in house hunting!) was to go see both homes. But THAT solved nothing. 

I was so sick of talking about it. I told Chad and everyone we would not talk about houses for an hour. I took a run and just talked to God. Here is the {shortened}conversation:

God: will you do this for Chad?
Me: but I like winning!
God: this will bless Chad more than you will ever know. 
Me: dangit
God: you can do this for Chad
Me: yes. I can. I will. 

And that was it. There it is. Decided. I came home and told Chad I was all in #2. Chad tried to feel bad and I threatened to leave for two weeks with a credit card and turn my phone off (this is why he loves me!). And I declared "I will not be bitter. I am all in. No looking back". 

And that's what we did! 

More Joy coming soon!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment