After much consideration, last night Chad and I decided to break our "no R's" rule to watch Slumdog Millionaire. I found the movie enlightening. I appreciate the honest insight into another country. 3/4's of the movie had me hooked in. Until it happened----- Hollywood. I am unsure why they have to take a great film and ham it up to some romantic dream. I love the idea of conquering a past that says failure is the norm. I love the determination in honoring relationships. I don't like the cheesy fairy tale that I got suckered into last night that was disguised as an original movie...
Sure this film had some great concepts. It is true that for love you have to fight for it. That people can definitely be underestimated simply because of their background. But I will have to say that the ending really ruined it for me. If only I'd stopped watching 2 hours in...
No comments:
Post a Comment