Monday, May 3, 2010

Knowing is half the battle

So over the past several days I have had more than one friend suggest that I share some of my every day living ideas so here goes:

-I do laundry twice a week and put away after each load. This allows it to go quickly and then I never am faced with a mountain of clothes. I also incorporate the boys. I separate the clothes (unless there isn't that much and then I just wash it all on COLD) and have the boys load the basket, carry it TOGETHER to the laundry room, and load into washing machine (we have a front loader but this could easily be done with a handy stool). When the boys were younger they only put up their undies, now they can put away ALL of their clothing plus they know where Chad's socks go.

-I aim to do 20 minutes of deep cleaning a day. That way I don't waste my precious time cleaning a home and avoiding children.

- Incorporate GOD! Just last week I knew I needed to clean the toilets but couldn't find the want to. So I asked the Lord for time and the want to and the VERY NEXT DAY I woke up early bright eyed and was able to get my usual morning stuff done early enough to be able to clean the toilets before taking the boys to cdc.

-I don't clean during CDC- its called MOTHERS DAY OUT for a reason. I'm a better mom to my kids b/c of this.

-We all help straighten the house before bath and bed time. I get so many comments on how clean our house is, but the real truth is that it is straightened. We make a place for everything and put it back in that spot. It has fooled countless people!

-We load the dishwasher as soon as we use a dish. That typically means a full dishwasher at the end of the night. We don't leave dishes in the sink.

And lastly, though a little risky to say but the most important:
-make time to be intimate with your man
-play with your kids
The rest is just a silly list of to-dos!
-

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a good system down. We have no system and face the "mountain of laundry" constantly. It's never done! I've been thinking about trying to put myself on a strict schedule for chores, we'll see if I can be as successful as you. I can't wait until Will can help! I mean, isn't that what we really have kids for anyway- to do work for us?

    ReplyDelete