Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I treasure Mother's day. I sometimes wonder if the holiday set aside for mom's will ever not remind me of the ache that swelled in me just a few short years ago. The pain is still very real, but gratitude swallows it up as I reflect on what the Lord did. I shouldn't have been surprised because He was true to His word, but I am still so surprised and honored that God fulfilled my hearts desire with two precious little guys!

Chad worked hard at teaching the boys that Mother's Day is a day to give back. I got some good food in me, a few sweet cards, a pedicure. Best of all? I ended the day with Coldstone for dinner and the boys rubbing my feet. Chad taught them how to put the lotion in their hands and warm it up before applying even! My future daughter-in-laws will thank us! ;)

I hope you all had a blessed day, even those of you who have children yet to be known...

1 comment:

  1. Keri, i love this post. each mother's day, i can't help but think of the women wishing and waiting to become a mommy. i was blessed to see our church recognize those women on sunday. it was touching for it to be addressed, rather than completely ignored. glad you were pampered on this special day. happy belated mother's day!

    ReplyDelete