Monday, August 22, 2011

Don't be a tool, be cool, stay in school

Today was the first day of school. JD is now in "the grades" as he calls it, while Kade is a kindergartener. We built this up to be a thrilling adventure so the boys were excited. It helps too that they were ready. So off they went. When someone asked last week "what will your mom do while you go to school?" Their reply: "workout". I'm predictable in that I suppose!

It was fun hearing JD walk Kade through the ropes this morning.

And although this morning I jokingly walked out after dropping the boys off with fists in the air hollering "freedom!" I had this eerie feeling. How odd it is to be alone for so many consecutive days. How quickly I sped through my to do list without having to answer questions or referee arguments. I thought about the moms that have children spread out over a decade, and how hard that might be for them to come home to an empty house.

Now I watch the clock eager to hear all about their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment