*Insert rant*
A few seasons ago I got over Biggest Loser. It was kind of sad when this happened as I watched from the first season... it is the same thing over and over which entails a drama queen (or two), the wimpy man that cries, yelling from the trainers, LONG commercial breaks, and ridiculously unattainable examples of weight loss and training.
I'm busting my tail end off after building a 7 year running base to run my first marathon. Then I hear that B.L. has a big challenge that these people- with BMI's off the charts mind you- are to run a full marathon in 4 months. So dropping 200 pounds isn't enough? It just deflates my spirit. It disrespects my sport. It sends the message to the viewers that it is an easy task. To which sends those that can't make this happen in their own worlds feel like failures. It perpetuates lies that Satan works so hard to establish.
*end of rant*
No comments:
Post a Comment