Monday, September 12, 2011

Thanks in the change

Although it bothers some more than others, change is inevitable. Change of seasons, change in relationships, shifting in passions...

Saturday the family was enjoying the wonderfulness of cooler weather. We hit up the dog park, the playground, and then piddled in the yard. Chad began showing the boys the smartest way to climb a fence. I mean they are 6 and 7- its time they knew!

As I watched, the reality sunk in. Boys need dads. And I am so so so grateful for the dad my boys have! Watching their eyes mesmerized as they saw their dad effortless fling himself over the 6 foot fence made my heart so glad.

And that is where the change came in... I felt like I was imposing on them. No one made me feel that way. All the males in our family seem to like having me around. But the reality is the boys need more and more time to be shaped by their daddy. So instead of feeling secluded or sad by the shifting, I made the choice to be grateful that Chad is a rockstar daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment