Monday, January 16, 2012

It's 3 a.m. but I'm not lonely

Every once in awhile Chad and I end up wide awake at the same time in the middle of the night. Last night we both were up. A branch scraping our window screen (which I thought was a bird running into the screen and Chad thought it was the dogs up playing) stirred us. Sometimes these random awakenings get us simpled out, last night was just a night! Things at 3:00 a.m. are funnier than when the sun is up so I'll spare you the details (that even I acknowledge was worth about a smirk not a crying out of breath hilarity) but laughter was had. What a great way to start out a week...or end a weekend...either way!

Friday I met up with my dad half way and he took Kade for the weekend. When I asked Kade what he was going to do he said "I'm not going to tell you." And when he got back it was "you don't need to worry about that." What goes on at Grandad's stays at Grandad's.

That night we played games and chatted with some friends of ours (we heart you Jennings). So much fun and not just because I won most of the games. :)



JD got to spend the night Sat with friends after a birthday party. This gave Chad and I a night out! YES. 15 mile bike ride, grilling out at home, movie, PLAYING on a merry go round, and coffee at one of our favorite coffee shops was in order. It felt odd not reminding the boys to get ready for church Sunday. Sometimes creepy is good tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment