We have made it 4 plus years without a fire in the house from little boys. JD has made it through half of 7 with the same awesome stat. Kade, well, he won't be able to make the same claim.
Kade has a way with electronics. At age 4 he deprogrammed someones gaming system after the owner said it couldn't be done. When I see Kade tinkering with the buttons on the sound system at church I worry, panic may be more like it...
The boys bathroom has an old in wall heater. We tested it years before the kids and it did not work. So I took the eye sore and hung towels over it.
You see where this is going right???
First we heard the smoke detectors, then we saw the smoke. One of the towels was on fire! We got it handled and worked hard at opening windows and clearing out the smell... What took longer was getting the truth outta Kade.
A HUGE OFFENSE IN THE HOES HOUSE!
until...
I told the boys the following day that until the person who did it fessed up no movies or video gaming would happen. Within 5 minutes Kade was spilling his guts.
Lying=spanking
playing with objects you know you shouldn't and starting a fire=grounded from game time
Never a dull moment!
Holy moly! So glad you guys were home and got to it!!! Wowzers!
ReplyDeleteLisa took my words! Holy moly indeed!! Glad everything was alright!
ReplyDelete