Don't you love when a little moment in time sneaks up and reminds you of the life you've built with your man!?!
Yesterday I found myself running errands in a different area of town. As I waited at a light I remembered a hilarious moment with Chad. We were in college (so of course we were poor!) and within our first year of marriage. After collecting every piece of change we had we had $5 plus tax (because I'm sure Chad calculated it out) to go get a $5 pizza from Little Caesar's. On the way Chad smarted off and I flung the bag of change to whack him with it.... Not my best move, I will admit... The change went flying everywhere!!!! We pulled over and had to sort through $5 worth of coins for the SECOND time! Very laughable NOW. :)
This left me feeling silly and smiling for what we have, but sad too. How does life happen so quickly? My heart aches at the time zapped away... I wish we had a slow motion button, or at least a rewind! As cheesy as it sounds it reminds me to seize the day... Every little tiny moment can't always mean something, but in the heartache or annoyance (you know, like when your kid starts a fire) I want to lock it up and remember that someday I will long for these moments. That does take the sting of a small house fire doesn't it!?!?
ah. i liked this alot. good reminder.
ReplyDelete