Nothing really solidifies your husband going out of state for business like something breaking down. Chad had been gone less than 4 hours and I got a flat tire. You could actually here the air coming out! With the help of some awesome people I was able to make it to the tire store and have the kids picked up! Upon arriving and getting signed in the clerk-I feel it is important to let you know that he was well into his 30's-tried to encourage me to be self sufficient. I still needed his help so I didn't retaliate, but I did chuckle. It was one of those moments you are like "did he just say that???" I held back "isn't that how you have a job?" Then I thought he must not have seen the 26.2 sticker I have on the car- I mean, I choose my limitations. And one of those is changing a tire. My Mamaw, who gave me her independence and sassiness, when told the story said "tell that man he needs to be nice to my grandbaby or I'll come have a talk with him!" :)
Those 2 paragraphs were just for fun, the point of this blog is Chad is the cat. And he is away. So I am playing! aka: house projects. Our bathroom has been neglected for some time so Monday I decided was the day. I took this plaque and cut it down to glue on the black piece of furniture below
We use this piece every day, so it gets scuffed up. It was time for a fresh coat of black. I decided to add some character with the plaque and new pulls.
Here is is finished! LOVE
I added some new wall decor and the rug. I like it so much. Chad will probably laugh as I found another form of hooks (the shelf has them). I have issues!
This is not in the bathroom but is another project I completed Monday. I wanted to freshen up one of my lamps in our bedroom. I wasn't sure I wanted to get on the burlap bandwagon my friend Termite is on, but I found scrapes at hobby lobby for less than $1, so I gave it a whirl.
Instant face lift!
Way to go! You are turning into a crafty person after all!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you say you aren't crafty?!? Jump on the burlap wagon...it's fun!!!
ReplyDelete