Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Does a body good

Spring, it does my body good. It is like I come alive this time of year. Fresh air, windows down, sunshine- make me such a happy girl! Easter falls in this time. A dark day etched into my heart forever but knowing the end of the story (or at least 2000 years past it) brings joy!

All week I have been chewing on what if God had called me to be Jesus (ridiculous, I know). Would I have the obedience...the courage to complete such a daunting task??? Shrink it down, would I have the obedience... the courage to complete tiny tasks if I knew the outcome? Would I avoid hardship or stay the course????

Don't we all want to say yes! It is like shouting "Jesus" at a question in church. It should be a no brainer. But in the heat of heartache, discipline, or trial saying those 3 letters is hard.

In all of this thinking, and while I work on saying yes, I keep coming back to the joy that is spring, that is Easter. The newness, the promise, the life! I am forever grateful that Jesus chose yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment