Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How old is it?

With the updates of TED Kade got the desk that we had in there, which started as my Nana's desk. She is an artist. She painted it a light blue (with maybe a hint of turquoise) with mustard yellow flowers-she was way ahead of the times. That is what it looked like when my brother inherited it in middle school.

A few years later it was passed down to me. I was in the process of painting my room the summer before sophomore year. I would paint til late and get up early for drivers ed. good times! I took the desk (and my dresser) and painted them both white then sponge painted bright yellow over it all. YES.

In preparing to get married I painted the desk and said dresser a very grown up brown. It remained that sad scratched up brown until Sunday. I used my clearance gallon of paint ($4.50-score!) and gave it a fresh coat.

Here she was:And here she is now:

What you can't see is the signature of a "Keri Bailey" in the 9th grade. Or the marked out ____+Keri=love. Or our library card # I wrote in there just last year to renew our stuff without having to dig out my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment