
It has been almost exactly 48 hours from the big injury. The date that this all happened (9/23) is actually driving me crazy because it seems like something major happened in the years past on that day. What is even crazier to think about is that two years ago I didn't have a kid to scare the junk outta me! Isn't God good! I am just delighted to see God in everything- particularly when you see His hands working in those around you during turmoil.
It is interesting to see how such craziness can upset you. Mock all you want that Chad fainted but he released his emotion physically while I seemed to have trimmers throughout the remainder of the day. I don't know which was harder- watching the love of my life lose all color and fall to the floor or see blood gushing from my son. Despite satan's attempts to buy into guilt, one thing this event did do was reassure me that my heart is fully in this. You get caught up in feeling guilty when a kid annoys you or thinking your husband will always be there to be the rock. I am so blessed that God turned something so frightening ugly into a beautiful reminder that my heart isn't as ugly as I think it is; that I have people surrounding me that will lift us up in prayer, sprint for ice, or be calm in a storm; and complete strangers will step in to be the physical hands of Christ.
So in an odd way, I am blessed to have a beat up son. No, I would never wish this on anyone nor would I take a "repeat" but it is refreshing to see Jesus in everything.
JD is full of personality and energy despite what his face looks like. He has not complained once of pain and I believe that is an answer to all of our prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment