I picked up the boys from nursery and was catching up with a friend I'd not seen since having her baby. Out of the corner of my eye I saw JD reaching for something on a tall folding table that is about 4 feet tall and rectangle in shape. Before I could respond the table was falling on my baby and he was crumpled underneath it. Blood went gushing along with screams from a 5 year old.
I will forever be grateful for the moms and friends around me because within minutes I had tissue, ice, phone call to Chad, and Kade distracted all while working at holding my tears in check. My heart swells at the thoughtfulness of the women surrounding me. I am also grateful Chad works so close and made it to the church within 15 minutes of this all occurring.
We made it clear across town in 10 minutes at most. Chad carefully sped - if there is such a thing. Another blessing is one of the sweet woman coaching me was the boys Dr's wife. How gracious is our Father- oh and did I mention she is a nurse! whew
The doctor's office was waiting for us. The entire time JD was saying "I don't want a shot!" Back at the church he also managed in between sobs to inform me he'd rather go to his friend Lauren's house- Kade went to Lauren's house for the afternoon-- SHOUT OUT TO MINDY FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS! I was grateful for the talking from JD, kept me calm.
We have to hold JD down in case he squirms while getting the shots and Dr Tuegel starts sewing... Just as he begins saying for us to sit down if we feel hot or dizzy Chad goes down. Who knew I was married to a fainter! After 8 plus years of marriage you can still learn IMPORTANT things about your spouse! That freaked me out- who was I supposed to tend to. We got Chad handled and seated in a chair and while finishing up with JD he headed south again, this time to land in the chair beside him. Dr Tuegel was nice enough to walk us out to the car in case he had to help catch Chad again! Apparently Chad comes by this naturally- something Larry might could have shared EARLIER!!!
We are home and about 6 hours from when this happened. JD is getting back to himself and its amazing how he already looks better. The first picture is about 3 hours after and the last about 6 hours after. We will have to let the swelling go down to see if his nose is broken. One of the ministers from church called to check in and said JD will probably love that he can show all his friends the mark he left on the church carpet! I hope he doesn't scare any of the kids tomorrow at school!

As I type this JD is looking in the mirror cracking up at how he "looks different!"
poor guy! its only natural to freak out when your little one is hurt...i remember when jackson fliped the skateboard up and hit is nose. i thought forsure that he had broken his nose, but it was just really swollen...glad he is starting to get back to his old self!
ReplyDeletepoor baby! rough day - to say the least. fyi, i will be the fainter when our boys have blood gushing from them.
ReplyDeleteOH man! That looks like it hurts! I hope he gets better soon!
ReplyDeletePoor thing!! I am so glad he's ok. :)
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe this happened yesterday! You did good taking care of things. I'm glad you're the tough cookie...poor Chad is going to be hearing about this for awhile! JD is a tough little guy, it looks very painful! As I always tell Carter, Chicks dig scars!
ReplyDelete