Over the last few weeks God has sprinkled a few fall like mornings over our lives, which tugs at my heart to skip the gym and be outside. There is something about the fall weather that renews my spirit. Maybe its the reconnection with friends we've not seen over the summer, the start of scheduled activity, or the cooler weather that promotes open windows, coffee, and puzzles in our home- any way you slice it I love fall. It is so welcoming from the LONG scorchers of summer. Don't get me wrong, I love a dry sunny day in West Texas- its what I've known almost all 28 years of my life- but by August I am ready to say goodbye to the triple digit days.
There is something in this season, in the last leg of this year - a sort of expectancy I have in my heart. I feel it will be a challenging season, but fruitful nontheless. A sort of "take your breath away" season that will go down in history as one of my "greats".
You are just such a great writer! I admire that in you.
ReplyDeleteWhat an encouraging work Mrs. Skains- thank you!
ReplyDelete