Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Frogs and Brown Bears mix well in our house!

Yesterday marked a new school year for the boys. JD thought the entire reason school was starting was to celebrate the day of his birth- who could blame him! The boys preschool divides by age and each class is some sort of living creature.

This year Kade moved up from a Squirrel (you can hear Kade say it by putting an "s" in front of "gil") to a Frog. This means he gets to eat in the lunch room with the big kids and go on field trips. He doesn't even have a potty attached to his room because he is now big enough to tell the teachers- can I get a "glory"!!! 8)

JD went from being the only boy in the Frog class to a Brown Bear. JD talked about the Brown Bears all last year- that is where the BIG kids, the 5 year olds school. So he is a big kid now and even has a few boys to mingle with- although I think he still leans towards the girls. Fine by us- his future wife will thank us!

They both had a great first day! All smiles and chatting a mile a minute on the drive home. But they aren't ones for tears when it comes to school and socializing. It's more like "mom, when are you leaving?" Here's a pic of the cutest little men before leaving home.


3 comments:

  1. they are cute little men. and i'm wondering if they get mistaken for twins. they're almost the same size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keri. I have met you a couple of times through various mutual friends (Mandy Wood, Tiffany Gibson, etc). I am blessed to be a mom through the miracle of adoption and so I enjoy reading your blog from time to time. I am also a blog-stalker (you know, I read my friends blogs and then I read their friends blogs, and so on and so on!)
    ANYWAY, I have enjoyed reading about your beautiful boys!
    The reason I'm posting is because I was looking at the picture of your boys starting school and I'm thinking "wow, that house looks so familiar". I know that sidewalk and those bushes. And then I saw that yellow window by the front door and I'm wondering where you live. I think that might be our old house! Just curious. I lived on Arrowhead over by the Mall from 3rd grade until I went to college...so many fun memories.
    -Marsha Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marsha- send me your email and we can confirm the address!

    ReplyDelete