Man, kids can crack you up, embarrass you, and make your heart swell in a matter of seconds. Examples? okay:
* We teach the boys to talk to Jesus when they get scared at night. We pray they learn that the Lord is our first and best resource (not to mention it helps to not wake mommy and daddy up!). So this morning Kade says "monny, I was scared last night and prayed and Jesus came and slept with me." {insert huge smile here from monny!}
* JD's class doesn't do show-n-tell this year . Instead one kid gets to take the letter bag home, fill it with things that start with the letter of the day, then discuss it with the class the following school day. JD got the letter bag today and said "we should do it now b/c we may not have that much time before school." Efficiency is my love language- that kid just melted my heart!!!
* Last week I'm shopping with the boys in a store that I don't ever pronounce correctly -my friend RP tries to help me out but it just won't stick. Okay, that isn't the point... As we are shopping in this little, women-only store Kade rips a serious toot and then the boys giggle until they are almost crying. JD shouts (because nothing my children do is quiet thanks to their Daddy who got it from his momma) "eww, momma, Kade tooted." Then proceeds to sniff saying again "eww" Thanks captain obvious. Luckily the lady that heard shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well."
Summer before last, Lily was 3. We were shopping in San Marcos at the Outlet Mall. I was pushing Lily in the stroller in Kate Spade when she turned around and yelled, "Mom, You tooted!" I DID NOT toot! But I could not convince her otherwise...so embarrassing.
ReplyDelete