I'm slow, but I'm not running for you. I'm running MY race and Jesus is with me so that's all that matters. RIGHT??? On this trip the Lord showed up in so many ways- a few of my favorites are laughter, endurance, joy, and pursuit. Isn't it so amazing how the Lord can so creatively sneak in something so gigantic!?!? Isn't amazing that you think your goal is to run a race when really it is to be at just the right spot to receieve a gift from Jesus himself!?!?
The Lord really made himself known to me. I like to comfort myself in the idea that we all struggle somewhat with who we are. Knowing I am not the only one out there looking into the water asking "who am I?" as said best by Derek Zoolander brings comfort. Not that I want you all struggling but to feel a tiny "normal" brings a sigh of relief!!! So as I was traveling with my sweet man I again began wrestling with my speed as a runner. The only thing really respectable about my pace is that I can keep at it for 13.1 miles. The fact that some speed walkers might could pass me is a little embarrassing but again, I'm learning to find confidence in running MY race.
You get the point. I'm slow. And as I was juggling with the idea that maybe I am settling- you know not pushing myself enough- the Lord spoke ever so clear. He said "Keri, sweetheart, there is a difference in SETTLING and SETTLING IN." When He spoke those words "settling in" I saw what HE meant. God was calling me to settle in the comfort of His arms. Find refuge there. Find ME there and let the Lord reveal to me my own potential.
I was speachless. I had no comeback. I couldn't even express to Chad what was going on in my head, much less the swelling in my heart, the over taking revelation brought excitement to my spirit!
As I was being passed by, the following day, by runners I kept thinking about this. Thinking how precious it is, how precious I am that the Lord would whisper such a life altering word to me. So I SETTLED IN and ran my race with MY savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment