We are concluding a few days off that have been enjoyable. I am grateful that my father in law would accompany us to the Turkey Trot in Ft Worth for the second year in a row. I am blessed that our children are seeing generations take care of themselves. I love that the boys got to play with Chad's cousins and their children. Finding Jesus in the small blessings makes my heart swell!
I am currently sipping coffee watching my boys, husband, and my father in law play with the toys Chad played with as a kid. Micro machines, ninga turtles, and the "famous" legos. Chad's heart has a special place for legos. In fact, I pray the boys grow a desire for them as a gift to Chad. I love seeing my almost 29 year old man on his knees making car noises and getting thrilled to take his legos home and share with the boys. I love to picture Chad's sweet heart as he set his alarm to play legos before church. Yes, that is a true story. I love that he tells stories of how he got lost in play, using his imagination. I love that he saw his A Team lunchbox and knew exactly what would be in there- his FAVORITE "go to" toys! And I love that I'm seeing right before my eyes the generations of men that never grow out of some good ole play time!
The turkey was good, but with each year I'm seeing what joy comes from taking the time to be thankful, soak in the moments, and love what happens.
Let the singing of Christmas music begin!
We are major lego fans here at BonkLand, too. I love watching my boys spending oodles of times creating and playing...sweet times.
ReplyDelete