There are so many things to worry about in life. Its a choice though if we worry- bizarre how simple it seems to "cast your cares on the Lord." But really, He wants to be so intimate with us that we trust Him with every ounce of who we are.
I would say generally I am not a worrier. Sure I have a moment of budget worry when things get nuts, or trying to figure out the unknown of a circumstance but overall I feel pretty confident in my lack of worry skills.
And if life hasn't given you enough to fret about add children to the mix! You can pick any topic and there is room for concern. Is my kid developmentally in line with others his age? Is he socially equipped? Can he show self discipline? Just to name a few. Well, one area I struggle with is the boys size. They are both little dudes- which for those of you who knew me growing up is something I DID NOT struggle with. In fact, I was quit the opposite- towering over others. Reaching 5'4" by 5th grade. I'm used to giant feet, giant hands, and HUGE heads where I come from!!!
Over the years I gained issues with short men mostly because of my own self awareness (okay, I lacked confidence in my height). So here I am with two little ones that are just that---LITTLE. But there is praise to be had and I long to dwell on the glory of my Lord so yes, the 1/4 inch my kid grew this past year or so IS a victory! He is just how God intended, He knew the story, He knew what the womb would do to his development. He knew that despite size my little men will rise up to be HUGE in the Lords kingdom. Father God knew that I would see all of this this morning in a pair of jeans that have become high waters after 2 seasons (over 1 year) of wear.
So, today regardless of my teenage fear of wearing high waters I rejoice in them!
Thanks for the encouraging words, I struggle with worrying about the size of my boy too! Although we are at the other end of the spectrum! He's so big, I don't think he's ever going to be able to support all that weight to crawl. Anyway, so good to hear about the high waters!
ReplyDelete