Sunday, May 1, 2011

Love like W.H.O.A.

In high school my then best friend was the basketball trainer for my high schools cross town rival. She permanently borrowed a pair of sweats with a P printed on them. I can say that I have been wearing these pants for over half of my life. They are comfy and make me feel tiny because they sit on my hips. These black sweats are the first thing I reach for when I feel sick.

Over the last few years I've developed friendships that feel like these pants. Its so nice to be surrounded by people that know me- my faults, my great qualities, my sarcasm, my inappropriateness- and are by my side no matter what. When I put the mojo sweats on I don't worry what I will look like or if I will fit in them. And I'm so so so grateful to have people that know me intimately and I never have to worry what I look like or if I will fit in.

Feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment