Friday, May 6, 2011

She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini

Last night I went to a preview of a semi annual consignment weekend with two girlfriends (thanks to my sister in law for sharing her pass!). It was packed with clothes and eager females sorting through for just the right find. How exciting!

In the past 6 months or so I've really created a hobby out of picking through items and finding an awesome piece of clothing for practically nothing (and when I say nothing, I mean it- this girls pretty tight with the money).

The interesting thing about this weekend event is that there aren't any private changing rooms. You go in the back where there are 2 rooms and you just go for it. I was surprised to find that the fear and awkwardness of 7th grade was no longer lingering inside of me. There I stood in my mismatching undergarments talking to strangers "oh that looks cute" or "can I try that if you don't want it?"

It has set with me for 24 hours. The beauty of a female group of mostly strangers letting our guards down. Not once did I size up another girl or worry about the size of my thighs. The idea of girls of every shape and size forgetting insecurities and just being themselves.

Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment