Monday, November 14, 2011

Still Processing

This being a Susan G. Komen event there were so many people wearing "in honor of" bibs on their backs. As I ran I thought about my Mamaw. 30 years ago, in fact the day I was born, she was in Houston being treated for breast cancer. I was her last grandchild, and the only girl. Yes, I am special. :) Mamaw likes to say we grew hair back together.

As I had 5+ hours to think, I was thanking the Lord for Mamaw's earthly healing. She has to be one of my most favorite people in the world. And its not [just] because we are so much alike.

Something about being completely physically spent is so thrilling to me! It allows these kinds of thoughts and appreciations to creep in. It gives me time to let the noise bounce around, settle, and the goodness rise up...

Around mile 22 I saw the vans come to pick up those at the end of the race that weren't going to finish in time (they were at around mile 14 I'm guessing). It was so sad to see the guy get in the van and his head hang low. (I wanted to ask "did biggest loser do this to you!?") It is so easy to be defeated. To feel deflated. I toyed with feeling that way as I had to visit the E.R., as I am having to take more time than planned to recover... But my perspective changed after a friend sent me info that 1 guy died and 48 were hospitalized. God gave me the strength to finish! Satan wins if we stay in that deflated place and that's not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment