Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving in my heart

As my marathon glory days sizzle I still can't believe I did it! Have you ever done something that seems so impossible and once accomplished gone "really, I did it!?!?" One thing I know for sure this training helped me do was be grateful for my body. Although I still fight with it (this girl has to keep track of calories so I don't blow up) I am glad it functions as I want it to! Before my runs I began calling each body part under the authority of Jesus, and then once the run was complete I thanked God and my body for doing what I set out to do! This is a HUGE victory for me, praise the Lord He is teaching me to view His gifts as good.

I can't imagine knowing how to be a good friend if I'd not walked the last year plus with my friend Bean. My experiences with girls haven't always been superb but Bean has taught me what it means to have someone take time for me, listen to me, pour into me. Bean, there was a transition last February when you stopped everything and took seriously my worries about where we stood. You dropped plans to build my confidence. You and I walked through boundaries together. What an image of Christ! Love you sweet friend.

My Mamaw is another person that has done some serious shaping of me. Every time I'm around her I feel like its okay to be me. She stretches my comfort zones of physical touch (the lady kisses me whenever she wants) and it oozes through me to my kids. I love that I have a grandma that will talk about the Holy Spirit with me, crack jokes that only we think are hilarious, and share stories of her and my grandads love for one another. 2 days and shes here with us for at least 48 hours!!!!

Saturday as we were at a park with a million kids from church I watched my Chaddie play with the kids. I think it surprised those that don't know him to see him run around like a maniac. I just sat on the park bench admiring... Chad rode an imaginary bike around campus in college, another crazy side that brought people speculating. Not this girl. Chad can debate you in theology, politics (don't bring up taxes!), crack a joke, serve you coffee, listen, laugh, analyze anything, help you physically. I am glad I get to be apart of his world!

I am thankful for my boys. Gosh! Sometimes I think of them and wonder if my heart will explode with love!!! I forget that I didn't give birth to them. I love their morning snuggles, JD's spastic hand gestures, Kades dimples. I love their growth in knowing Jesus. How on earth can you explain how God can drop 2 kids in your lap outta nowhere and express what I feel for them??? So often people say we rescued them, that they are blessed with a new future because of us. I feel like they rescued me! Who else could push me to trust God more, know God's grace, recieve God's gifts? Who else could create so much laughter, joy, and noise in my heart and home!?!? High five God for this one! :)

Don't you love loving your house!?!? I love the yellow on my walls, the FREE piano God gave us, that I have running water, air conditioning, a closet full of clothes I like, a comfy bed, a cute dog, beautiful beams on my non cottage cheesed ceiling. I'm grateful for the food in my frig, coffee in the maker, toilets that flush, washing machines... I love that God gave me a car with a sunroof, and the sticker that says "life is good" on it.

What more could a girl ask for!?!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful friend! just beautiful! as is the new fam pic!!! :)
    termite

    ReplyDelete