Monday, December 19, 2011

A + A = love

I just love God! He is sneaky. This friendship, turned sisterly, was prompted by a tug of the Holy Spirit to begin praying for Amy a husband while she played keys every Sunday morning. At that time I knew Amy's mom more. Our lives are weirdly similar and intertwined...beginning with Chad and I house sitting for Amy's parents 10 years ago.

What started as a friend who enjoyed games and Chad's coffee as much as me, has grown roots. Last winter we prayed into Amy's desire for a husband with close friends. This summer we got competitive about who could get the tannest (Amy, I am admitting it only once, you won) but in the process of pool lounging we talked about Jesus, dreams, family, boundaries, and all things girl(ish). We are both itching for summer to do it all over again (but this time we will be using the same spf)!

Andrew, the man Amy married last night, won everyone over! It started with my brother giving him the "cool" stamp, which isn't done lightly. Andrew opened up and trashed talked over Monopoly. He won our hearts then (well, he won Chad's by playing with remote control helicopters and the boys by wrestling in the grass, and honestly it was that he helped me beat Chad and Amy in card games). Andrew beams with Jesus just as much as Amy!

It is fun to watch 2 people come together so naturally. The parents are on board, everyone around them is thinking "this just makes sense." This was a whirlwind romance but grounded on God's, albeit sneaky, generosity of blessing His children with their hearts desire!



I wasn't the girl growing up wishing I had a sister, but again, God is sneaky! He snuck one in and I am forever grateful.

Love you Sissy.

2 comments:

  1. Love you too sis! You are the best big sis a girl could as for!!!!! Thanks for being a part of our day and being such a big part of our story!!!!

    ReplyDelete