Does anyone else wish they could shut off their brain??? Mine goes 90 miles a minute, maybe faster.
Here is an example of what I have thought about since opening this new post up:
- I need to fix my hair for church
- What am I going to wear tonight?
- Truman needs to get still
- I wonder if the boys are asleep yet
- I'm thirsty
- Have I given enough time to the boys today
- The toilet has been running a long time
- I should check ___'s blog
- I wonder if I hurt her feelings?
- I'm sad for a friends loss
- I wish we would actually have a winter someday
- Will the weight come off?
- ew- I think that is the mail!
- I hope Chad does well on his test tonight
- Am I a good enough wife?
All of that in a matter of minutes. Some of it is silly and it is funny to joke about the rate at which we hear, think, and process but we also need to guard ourselves against thoughts. Satan wants in and will get in any way possible. We are being attacked at ridiculous speeds. In writing this I hope I am defusing Satan's power over my thoughts and also to encourage others to take captive their minds and allow Jesus to hold us tight in His safety!
Hallelujah! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment