This isn't about the 90's sitcom, but for the record I did like the show. Who could resist that curly headed boy with the great dimples!?!
I remember about the 5th grade I had such bad pains in my knees from getting taller. I somehow managed to hit 5'4" that year nearly passing my thirteen year old brother. That is taller than most woman! The familiar awkwardness is still fresh as I recall how odd it was to have boys come up to my chest and stay at that level for a few more years. My height has always assisted in making me feel different. It was hard to just blend in when I felt like a giant up against my peers. This didn't really change until college when it seemed there were more "amazon" girls I could talk eye to eye with.
The physical growing pains I have experienced throughout life are hard but the heart growing pains can be so lonely, so painstakingly stretching. God is with me, and for that I am more than grateful because He brings HOPE. How others move forward in life without the Heavenly Hosts hope is beyond me. So here I am, in this season of growth, and it is so painful within that I can almost feel the knees aching as they did 17 years ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment