You singing the song now? hehe
Okay, if you call me friend then you know (or do now) there are two things that have been consistent in me for at least 2 decades. Efficiency and chunker. I like to be purposeful in what I keep. I don't like clutter. I love moving so I can maximize space and minimize junk. When I was a kid my room had to be clean before I could do my homework or even talk on the phone and not because my parents said so, I said so.
Some days my desire to get rid of things takes over and a nervous Chad finds me chunking things out of the closet, as he holds his breath hoping I don't dive into his side of the closet. On those days I literally have been known to prowl my house for something to throw away. To make matters worse I am not really sentimental.
This type desire struck on Wednesday afternoon. It was a big one I couldn't even ward off with the idea that I would have to redo my hair and makeup (if you've seen how much hair I have you understand this). There was a project we'd been dodging for some time---the attic. dun dun dun!!!
I made my way into the organized chaos and started chunking boxes down (nothing breakable of course). I had planned on just finding somewhere to give the things away but as I dug through more and more I saw that I had enough for a garage sale (which is something I thought I'd never have). My plan was to have it just Saturday but with a sick boy that needed veg time I took the plunge today, this is my shout out to efficiency as I'd already sorted everything the day I took it down from the attic. 2 dinky signs and an open garage at 8:45 put $91 in my pocket today. Not bad if I do say so myself. I didn't tag anything, just took what was offered. I didn't even have any cash to make change with. I just prayed the Lord would do what He wanted. My goal has been to make $100 so I need to make $9 tomorrow and I can call it quits. It was great that Chad wasn't here helping because the man likes to barter and would have run my clientele out of here-haha! (love you Chad)
You are a brave woman!! I would of been a nervous wreck....no change....no newspaper add.....no brightly colored price tags?!? Not bad for a last minute clean out!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I love to get rid of stuff. I understand the moods where you just want to go through the house and throw away everything in your path.
ReplyDelete