Sunday, March 1, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Yesterday I completed my 8th running event. five 5k's, two 10k's, and one 1/2 marathon. I've ran in cold, windy, uphill, sunny, 100 degrees, rain, dark, light, lots of rest, no rest, junk food, no food, well you get the picture. Before yesterday I'd trained alone, ran my events alone.

Saturday morning was rough for me. I couldn't find a normal breathing pattern, I had stinches that aren't normal for me and I was very much the negative Nancy. Thanks to Rebekah- my running partner- I worked through it all. I'm pretty sure if I'd been her I would have slapped me!!! The good news is I completed with my best time (and probably my most consistent per mile) and I completed!

In some weird fluke our husbands missed us crossing the line after waiting in the COLD weather managing the kids for 30ish minutes!

BEFORE:


AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment