I am still contemplating a "theme" in my life- but this could be it. I love dearly that honesty is something God buried deep in my soul. I love that He cherishes the very gifts He gave me and spoke them into me, just for me. Isaiah 43:21 was given to me this morning from our sweet Savior, it reads "The people I formed for Myself will declare My praise." And that is what I long for, my mouth to be a great source of praise for my Holy King.
I could list a shlu of things that my mouth has said that I want to take back, dream about using my gift of honesty with the Lord's sweet grace. Unfortunately "take backs" after the tongue once set into motion is hard.
I am in this season of submission. Not just to Chad, although he is involved. God is really having me hold my tongue. My love for honesty longs to take over and flush out whatever it is I am thinking. My flesh doesn't completely comprehend that some things might be better off unspoken. But slowly I am starting to see that seed can be planted AND harvested in silence. Thank the Lord He has been gracious, patient, and tender.
So I sit and wait for the Lord on when to share and when not. It pains me to know that sometimes it means sitting back and watching the ones I love make mistakes. My silence means others who don't know for sure how to use their voice either learn or get walked on, dreams crushed, feelings hurt. Although this would normally spark the "why's" I see God in motion and trust Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment