Sunday, March 22, 2009

To my knowledge, hell has not frozen over.

I am pretty sure I have been to nearly every one of them between here and Washington D.C. I have for sure seen every one in Odessa, Lubbock, and the surrounding areas. It beat sitting at my grandma's country house with only 4 channels to surf. So while my brother was out shooting at cans, ugly birds (he had to promise not to shoot the pretty birds), and probably anything else that moved while overdosing on oreos, m&m's, and endless amounts of soda's I moseyed through dingy, dirty, and less than fun antique stores.

It's not that I don't appreciate a great find or history. But at 13, the only thing on my mind was looking at boys, giggling with my friends, and the phone. I've not really had a reason to go back to an antique store as they don't really fit my "style" until recent. I have been in need of a hanging lamp, and without breaking the bank they are actually pretty hard to come by. So my interest peeked, which nearly gave my antique lover, random furniture friend a heart attack!

Well, I am pleased to say after a little searching I found a perfect lamp for only $45 (see above)! In addition to the great new lamp I found an awesome hat that I can't wait to wear on our upcoming cruise (8 days people!). Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Whose your friend...I think I'd like to meet her???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great one. I've always known you were a great shopper..I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete