Saturday, June 5, 2010

Time out!

I wasn't really sure what sabbatical for Chad meant for me. As a mom and wife the responsibilities don't really end. There is always laundry, meals, and dishes at a minimum. I went into this hopeful but also somewhat skeptical. Not because Chad isn't helpful around the house, but I still feel like the job is mine... As we close our first week of time off I feel more relaxed than I've been in a long time. I've started calling Chad a sneaky leprechaun because I turn away for a few minutes and laundry is put up, or dishes are done, or the bed made, or I got to sleep in until 8:40! I have a super duper (and efficient, which is totally HOT!) husband!

Chad could have entered into this time selfishly and thought only of how HE needed time off. And he does- it is well deserved and much needed. Chad gives 100% to what he is committed to which means dedication to the Lord, his wife, boys, church, 40 hours a week. Whatever he touches you can indeed know its well thought out and executed to the fullest. So the man needs a break! But instead of thinking only of himself Chad's doing things to allow me to have a time of jubilee as well!

Thanks Holy God for letting us have this time off and for allowing ME to get to be Chad's wife!

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you guys are having such a great time! Keep the good times rolling, what's next on the agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are both able to enjoy this break!

    ReplyDelete