Although a little more walking occurred than I would have liked, I completed 20 miles today(taking me to 40 miles this week). It took right at 4 hours. I'm a thinker, but I actually got bored in my own head! I saw the cutest cheerleaders EVER, who happen to call me Aunt Debbie, and was sad to hear I missed some cheering from two other cuties Lisa and Canon.
Its been 6 hours and I feel good. Still moving a little slow, but it's practice for my great grandma days. Maybe people will think I'm 85 but just look super young! :)
I noticed AFTER (thank you Jesus) that I somehow miscounted and should have done peak week last week, so I'm only getting a 2 week taper. Ah well, what are ya gonna do!?! Either way, I'm thrilled to see 12 milers in my future.
Chad pointed out the race is 3 weeks from this Sunday! THIS SUNDAY!! THIS SUNDAY!!! I'm very curious what my days are going to look like after marathon 2011 is over. Strength training for sure (dear weights, I've missed you) and cups of coffee (dear coffee, I've missed you more than weights but don't tell them) instead of miles on the road. One hour classes at the gym, and less laundry from sweat. Less sleeping, less crying, less grocery money going to energy fuel, less running blogs (some of you are sighing with relief!).
I've just about maxed out my running desires so taper is very much welcomed. I'm getting to the "lets do this!" stage!!!
correction: the race is three Sundays away, but only 2 weeks away... Oh my!
actually it's 2 WEEKS from this sunday sister!
ReplyDeletelisa t