
Friday afternoon after his snack Kade said "I'm going to go outside and exercise". I had the windows open and got to hear him talk to our dog "Truman, I've gotta run." He then proceeded to run large circles and figure 8's. He came in beeming saying he was ready!

Chad said Kade was overwhelmed by it all in the beginning but quickly found his groove. This event is for kids ages 4-7 so parents are everywhere. Its friendly and everyone cheers for everyone. Chad said a few times Kade asked "why are they cheering for me?" Chad was glad to get to say "because you are awesome!"
Kade was excited to pass a girl on the bike and told me with a smirk that he nearly ran over a grown up. When I got to talk to him he was SOOOO chatty and excited. YAY!!!

Last night we talked about how I was the only one that hasn't done a tri. I told the boys that I am probably doing one in the late spring next year, Kade turned to me and said "I'll train you." LOVE IT!
So proud of my boy! It was great to see him beaming the entire event. One proud papa here...
ReplyDelete-Chad