Chad and I aren't typically impulsively. Chad doesn't do much spontaneous (much to my dismay). But we do tend to go against our personalities in regards to car purchases. When multiple things start going wrong with a car we've had for 4+ years we tend to just replace it. We aren't car people- we don't have specs on the next vehicle and we don't know much on repairing them. So when my check engine light came on back from our visit to Del Rio we started thinking it was time. At this point we could get some money for our trade in.
Tuesday at lunch we decided I should go drive some things. I liked the size of my trailblazer- it was narrow but still had a 3rd row. But I also really really REALLY want a mini coop at some point in my life (tho I'm too practical to allow myself to buy one) . I tried out several vehicles and picked this
My awesome negotiator (who may be willing to contract this skill out) got us 1/3 off sticker price! I was SO uncomfortable sitting in the room while he finagled such a great deal! The general manager came in to meet who was doing all this haggling and then asked if he needed a weekend job!!!!
All I am missing (they have been ordered) are my 26.2 sticker and my "life is good" sticker so everyone will know my car again! I'm not much for nostalgia but saying goodbye to Mickey (the trailblazer) was a little sad but I was so grateful for its protection!
Yesterday we prayed over her, anointed her with oil, and then I named her.
Welcome to the family Cocoa.

Cocoa is adorable! Can't wait to meet him...her? I'm still amazed at Chad's spontaneity!!
ReplyDeleteNice!
ReplyDelete