Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creative or cheap?

While Chad travels I usually find something to paint or destroy and redo... I had a list of things this time but got busy playing with the kiddos and only managed one. Here is a stool that is in our bathroom. I am pretty sure I paid $5 (maybe even $3?)for it at the church garage sale in the spring.yes, that is velvet in the shade of turquoise.
 
Then while at one of my usual shopping spots the consignment store had a 50 cent stash. I scored 2 cute shirts and this very Mexico style outfit. I actually tried on the skirt but it didn't work, it had a ton of material so I used it to recover the garage sale stool!
The finished project:
Next I scored this window at a impromptu stop at a garage sale- glad I left early for the gym Saturday morning! I got it for $3!
And this is what I did with it after chunking the old floral stuff:
(I got the "H" for 50 cents at the garage sale and the mirror for $2.50 at one of my favorite places to browse)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Though the H with that mirror looks like HO, you need an E and and a S ;)

    ReplyDelete