Shmaker Face is what I call Baker, the puppy we got last winter. She is the most joyful dog! Truman, our 11 year old weenie dog (that we call "Little Swiffer dog")will cuddle and can be sweet but still wants alone time and time to sniff under the table. Shmaker on the other hand wants AFFECTION. ALL THE TIME. I hear her in my mind saying over and over "play with me play with me!" and "love me, love me, love me"
The other day I was giving her a little puppy massage on her neck and stopped, she scooted closer- still sitting like I taught her. Pretty girl, I had to love on her some more! Then we repeated everything all over. It made me think of how I am with the Lord. I'd love to learn from Baker and unashamedly wiggle in the presence of God with such focus and desire until everything melts away and I'm laying on my back with my eyes closed and some sloppy silly grin on my face. Maybe even with my tongue hanging out like the pup expressing complete comfort and satisfaction in the affection of my master.
No comments:
Post a Comment