Saturday, August 11, 2012

Enemy

If you ever doubt that we have an enemy I challenge you to examine a bad day. It starts with something not over the top- a fight with the hubs, potty training a stubborn 2,3,4 year old, flat tire, a dissolving friendship- and this minor yet significant thing builds. The enemy heaps guilt and shame. Before you know it your head hits the pillow and your day reflects guilt, shame, and you can easily list every flaw in yourself or others or your life...

Yes Satan is alive and real.

I had one of those days Wednesday. Frustration after a terrible run due to hip pain left me grieving the things in my life that haunt me most...

I can joyfully report by the grace of my God I hurdled the pity party and decided to fight tho weary.  Thursday morning I woke with renewed spirit and determination that no matter the hip outcome I could not let it shift my mind from kingdom to flesh.

My dr visit resulted in my pain dropping to a 3 from 8. God was so gracious to bring relief! I ran 8 miles yesterday with knowledge of some uncomfort but not excruciating pain. It seemed to renew my love for the sport that so draws me closer to Father God.

High five God!

No comments:

Post a Comment