A little prayer exercise at church last night got me thinking... We took prayer concerns from those in the audience regarding those in need for greater faith. Then we were asked to take a minute to see who we should go pray for. There lied my debate.
See, a couple spoke about their infertility issues. Automatically when they spoke up I thought, yep there is mine... But as I prayed during our one minute I felt a pull towards another woman. So I obeyed.
Sometimes we feel an obligation to love on others that share our experiences. And I would think most times that is the case. We as humans like the relatability factor, we also serve a relational God. But it is never safe to assume in ministry. And so I felt released of my obligatory connection to bless someone else with a word from the Lord.
My point is when we go through a trial there is a sense of responsibility to tell the world. Which, I think is great! I want to be the light of the world and share with everyone how my RIGHTEOUS SAVIOR has redeemed me further into freedom and truth, however, we should do so with caution, a pure heart, and ALWAYS after talking with the Lord about it. Never assuming that because we can relate we are REQUIRED or even RELEASED to discuss it. Silence is its own ministry that is often times underrated!
No comments:
Post a Comment