What a difference time makes. We were watching the movie Dreamer with the kids on tv this afternoon. At one point they learn the horse is infertile. I looked at Chad and remembered the first time we watched this movie-we were kid free and I related to the infertility of a horse. I remember it being so overwhelming- my longing for children and the lack of being able to make it happen was EVERYWHERE...
Now years late, I'm snuggled up as a family in the living room and grateful for the honor I have to serve God in our story.
I reflect often on how mind blowing it is to think of how our story affected/affects those who know it. Wondering- how did that change the faith of ____???
God has been broadening our opportunities to talk largely and publicly about our story. Just today we were in the newspaper (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/looking-for-a-family-so-are-130-children-in/). Last month we were on a video at Chad's company party(of roughly 300 people). And still, I wonder how God is using it.
All this to spur you on. Those in a struggle- God's light can shine through anything!
what a great article and a great post. those little boy are the cutest kids EVER (you must know!)... everyone is blessed in this story~ :)
ReplyDelete