Monday, January 3, 2011

I wanta be a millionaire so freakin bad

When Chad was a kid he said he would be a millionaire by 30. Well, yesterday that day came and we are anxiously checking our bank account!

Its funny how many people thought Chad was already in his 30's- he can thank his smarts, old man wit, and disgust for the post office and taxes for that!

I'm one of those that would agree that men get better with age. When I met Chad he was this LOUD, obnoxious jerk. Well, that's what the world saw. But his heart drew me in (second, first was his hotness!). Since I've known Chad as a young teen-aged punk he has sought after the Lord. He has hungered for more of the Lord, to grow deeper in faith and knowledge. Its been awesome to see the fruit of his harvesting!

Chad is the one that keeps my kid at heart side alive. From riding an imaginary bike around the HSU campus unashamedly to our ridiculous games of "can you do this dance move" to "would you love me if..." he is always up for a good time! A quality that I adore.

Chad fathers his kids (and really any in his vicinity) with authority and love. The boys fully know wrestling and nerf gun attacks are in their future, they benefit from Chad's playful side too! JD and Kade also fully respect Chad and understand HE is the head of our home...

Chad, I treasure you! I admire the respect others give you. I am blessed to call you husband! I love our story, our journey, and pray for at least 60 more years to giggle and snuggle and fight with YOU. If you were a food, you'd be my tortilla! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go y'all!!!! What an accomplishment for that and all the things you wrote. Can't say that I'm surprised... he always was the smartest in the bizness classes when I was the biggest slacker! :) Glad you saw him for the great guy he is and didn't listen to those others like your dumb freshman year roommate - HA! Y'all are some of my favorite people and I love that I get to keep up with your family. Love you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete