Friday, February 17, 2012

Day of Cupid

Chad and I had a date Sunday night so we called that our Vday dinner. We also agreed nothing else for Tuesday. So my day was pretty normal.

After time with Jesus and some coffee, I painted on the boys room, mowed the yard, and went for a bike ride. This year I started riding a new, fancier bike Chad bought me, as well as shoes with clips (shoes that clip into your pedals) and I was told a crash was inevitable. Thankfully my first crash I was not moving! I unclipped left and started leaning right-oopps! I managed a small scrape on my right quad and the left side of my left leg, and my left shoulder got the worst of the gravel. How I got those spots I'll never know. Once I assessed my minor injuries I laughed. I'm sure it looked ridiculous!

God put on our hearts to watch some friends kids that early evening, so we got to play with 4 cute boys. I even scored some cuddles! I thought our evening was over after the kids were all dispersed and in bed. But Chad surprised me! This is HUGE. I LOVE spontaneous adventures and Chad's VERY okay with the mundane. He set up blankets, wine, candles, strawberries, and my to die for absolute favorite chocolates (Lindt truffles, white chocolate-holy COW. You should take this seriously as I can take or leave chocolate). He also had some awesome (and free, which is totally amazing) ****love music. The weather was gorgeous. It really felt like we were in a different world where the stress of life vanished. (high five Chad Hoes!)

****I won't put ALL the lyrics up, but there was one song that stuck out because its starts with "my bride, my bride" which is what Chad's called me for 10 years. The title is "let's keep this up as long as our hearts are beating"by Jenny & Tyler and they will actually be in town tomorrow night singing at Monk's. Random!

3 comments:

  1. hooray for surprises! I'm impressed! way to go chad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish we could go tomorrow night...

    -Chad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again guys for giving us the most memorable valentines yet in our 11 yrs together!! And way to go Chad!

    ReplyDelete